Re: Mag drills

To: "Mark and Kathy" <mgtrcars@galaxyinternet.net>
Subject: Re: Mag drills
From: "Alan Seigrist Blue 100" <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 22:08:22 +0800
Mark -

With 75 ft lbs of torque, you definitely don't want to "retap" the
hole and loctite it.  Maybe with an MGB head maybe (45ft-lbs torque,
right?).  Besides, loctite only keeps something from unscrewing, it
doesn't keep something from pulling out of a hole.

With this much torque required you don't want to helicoil it either.

Have it fixed at a machine shop!

Cheers,

Alan

'53 BN1 '64 BJ8