Heritage BN1 carpet padding kit....

To: Healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Heritage BN1 carpet padding kit....
From: Fiat500f@aol.com
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 15:34:32 EST
Hassles and Problems!
OK, so, I got the carpet and jute padding kit from Heritage a few weeks ago
and it seems they sent a BN2 kit with the non-jute padding.  Called them  and
told them about it; they sent another non-jute kit that didn't fit.   Called
again, got the jute kit, doesn't fit; lots of short pieces, no pieces for  the
two small tunnel sections, and a gearbox cover piece that is not a BN1
(actually, it looks like something cut from the end of a roll, it's like 1/5
the
material needed to do the cover).  So, now I think I'm just going to  measure
all the places where the pieces should go and send then the dimensions  so they
can make a BN1 kit that fits a BN1.
Question  #1 - the padding has two different surfaces, the bare jute  side
(tan) and the sort of coated side (blackish).  Which side gets glued  to the
car?  It seems that the kits are cut in such a way that the various  pieces
cannot be all glued down with the same surface of each piece being glued  down,
meaning, if you put all the pieces into the car so they are oriented to  fit,
you
get a patchwork of tan and black.  Isn't one side meant to face  up?
Question  #2 - do the sills get covered with padding?  If I lay  the main
floor padding flat on the floor, not covering the sills at all, then  the
padding
is WAY too long side to side.  If I pull the floor  padding over and up to
cover the sill as well as the floor, then the floor piece  WAY too short side
side.
I have no problem tailoring the padding set to the car, if it's too long in
dimension, but if it's too short, well......
What ticks me off is Heritage is an interior company.  They do  interiors ALL
DAY, EVERY DAY.  Why should I have to tell them how to cut  the pieces for
THEIR carpet kit?  And why is the padding too thick in  the first place?  Is
this an isolated incident?  Just  venting......

Paul B.
Bensalem, PA