Re: Heritage BN1 carpet padding kit....

To: Fiat500f@aol.com
Subject: Re: Heritage BN1 carpet padding kit....
From: "Alan Seigrist Blue 100" <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 09:17:15 +0800
Paul -

My general experience has been that there is no such thing as a good
pre-cut kit carpet kit for any Healey, no matter who the carpet comes
from.

You are much better just getting a roll of material and trimming the
kit yourself and getting a good carpet guy to cut and fit the tunnel
(or even doing the whole thing).

I'm sure you already know about this website (esp. because your name
is on it) but I would just deal with it  as described and fill in the
gaps where missing in your heritage kit:

http://www.team.net/www/healey/tech/big_hly/rich_chrysler/100CarpetInstall.html

If it's any consolation, I got a pre-cut carpet kit from Cape
International last year and I was so disspointed with the kit that I
sent the lot back to Steve Norton and asked for a roll of uncut
material .  He happily obliged (at no cost to me) and I had a local
custom fitter cut and install the uncut roll carpet in my BJ8.  It
looks absolutely beautiful, and was worth every penny to pay to the
fitter.

Good Luck!!

Alan

'53 BN1 '64 BJ8