Thermosteel High Temp Repair

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Thermosteel High Temp Repair
From: "Tom Buttion" <tmb578@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2006 08:31:25 -0500
Has anyone had any experience using a product called "ThermoSteel" produced
by CarGo Chemicals, Houston TX?  Specifically, I am contemplating a repair
to the threaded hole on the exhaust manifold that accepts the bolt that
joins the intake and exhaust manifolds together for additional
strengthening. (BJ8, see Moss part #320-595 for clarification).  Obviously,
there are high heat concerns here (thus my favorite JB Weld is inapplicable
as it only withstands temps to 300 degrees).  Supposedly, ThermoSteel is a
ceramic based compound (as opposed to an epoxy based)  able to withstand
temps to 1200 degrees.  The hole needs to be filled and tapped to accept a
new bolt.  Any other suggestions?
Thanks,
Tom
BJ8