trans

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: trans
From: Jim Shope <healeymanjim@JoiMail.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2006 19:20:43 -0800 (GMT-08:00)
while inspecting the side shift trans i bought recently, i discovered two small
springs, 1/4 by 11/16s and two balls laying in the bottom of the case.
actually, one of the springs fell when i was checking the shifters.  i have
accounted for the shifter detent balls and springs and the reverse detent balls
and springs.  everything appears to be correct, but this is my first exposure
to a side shift transmission and i might be missing the big picture.  cannot
see in the catalog, which lists five required, where the extras go and my
haynes book does not mention them.  the trans has been apart at least one
before and these could be leftover parts, but the little springs really throw
me.  any ideas out there?   healeymanjim