Re: Looking for comments on storage...

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Looking for comments on storage...
From: Kent McLean <kentmclean@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 20:51:58 -0500
"Jim Ryan" wrote:
> Anyway, I plan to tuck it up next to the house and cover it as best
> I can. B My question lies in how best to protect the bottom (Southern
> NH).

I've had my '56 in storage for about 5 years. I'm paying
$159/month in storage (in Manchester NH).  I could have
sold it 5 years ago, saved the storage money, and bought
another with the money I have spent on storage.

Before it was in a dry storage unit, it sat outside behind
my parents shed.  It was covered, but the cover didn't
last long. The bottoms of the doors rusted out, and I
don't know what else. That was over bare ground.

Paying for storage will spare the car. But paying too
much for storage means you could have bought a
second car.

www.carcoon.com makes a zip-lock bag for cars. That,
or something like it, might be an option for you.

--
Kent
'56 100 BN2

P.S. My two oldest are in college, and the baby is a Sr in HS.