Attempting to identify badge, non-Healey

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Attempting to identify badge, non-Healey
From: rbender9@netscape.net
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 13:00:27 -0500
Hi List,
Even though I'm a Healey guy, I have a non-Healey British car type question.  A
family friend purchased a very early MGB (new) while living in London.  He
brought it with him to the States in the early 1970's, and spent the rest of
his life here until passing away about 10 years ago.  Mom recently came across
an old badge that I think used to be mounted to the badge bar above the front
bumper on that MGB.  It is two overlapping capital letter "A"s, with a pair of
wings above.  If not for my hazy childhood memory, I would think that it was an
older version of the American Airlines logo.  Is it possible that it is an auto
club badge of some kind?  Does this sound familiar to any of you, particularly
those of you in the UK?
Thanks for any input,
Bob
Try the New Netscape Mail Today!