Re: Spring in RI

To: "P.J.Aeckerlin" <j.aeckerlin@tiscali.nl>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Spring in RI
From: "davidwjones" <davidwjones@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2006 19:02:26 -0500
Jack,

I find that with straight water, and water wetter, -my car runs about 10
degrees or more cooler, than it does with anti-freeze. (Better heat transfer).
-This may not seem to be a lot, but in the summers here, it can be the
difference between smooth sailing, -and boiling over.
--Of course, here, pure water would freeze solid and damage the block, in the
wintertime, -so I put antifreeze back into it, before the first hard freeze in
the fall, before putting the car up for the winter.

I think a substantial number of owners over here who experience high heat in
the summer run straight water with a wetting agent. Probably no need to, in
the Netherlands, since it probably does not get as hot?

Never heard the idea that exchanging the coolant could contribute to
corrosion.  -I've seen no evidence of rust, in the brief period since this
car's resurrection.  Thanks for the heads up, though.

David W. Jones
'62 Mk II BT7 tricarb
Cumberland, RI USA