RE: Scam?? - OT

To: <dwflagg@juno.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Scam?? - OT
From: "Heard" <heard@datatrontech.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 09:10:40 -0400
This definitely sounds to me like someone looking for a settlement.
As a related issue to this, always make sure the cops do their job and issue
an accident report.  In fact, I would even go further and suggest pushing
the officer into assigning fault (as long as it clearly was not you).  I've
been caught twice now in recent years, once when a car rearended me while I
was braking hard trying to avoid a jacknifing semi in front of me on the
interstate.  The lazy cop didn't ticket anyone and I fought with their
insurance company for months and months.

Recently my wife was rearended while stopped at a stop light.  Minor damage
or so the cop thought.  This lazy cop didn't even issue a report.  There was
simply an 'exchange of information'.  Well, guess what?  The other driver
had no insurance and there is no such thing as minor damage on a BMW.  $600
out of my pocket later, there is no trace of this driver, no report, their
address doesn't check out, nothing!  Next time, if possible, I plan to call
the other driver's company on the spot to check their coverage.  If it has
lapsed, I want them arrested on the spot for driving without insurance and
the car impounded.  In fact, the cops should be required to do this.

Heard Saxon
Driving in Florida