My Friday Commute - non Healey

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: My Friday Commute - non Healey
From: healeybn7@aol.com
Date: Sat, 08 Apr 2006 13:46:02 -0400
>From the truth is stranger than fiction files:

Friday morning driving to work.  It's raining pretty good.  I'm sitting at a
light cursing the traffic detours that are going to plague me all summer.  It's
a 4 lane road.  I look over and see 2 cars pulled over opposite me on the other
side of the road.  Must have been a bumper-bumper by the looks of things.  2
women.  30 something's.  They both look like they are dressed for work.  The
woman from car A (alleged victim) is over saying something to the woman from
car B (alleged perp).  I am only sort of paying attention because it looks to
be very minor.  Then in a little bit I look back over (long traffic light) and
see woman A behind car B looking at the license plate and talking into her cell
phone - very irate.  Then - car B starts to back up slowly (right into woman A
who is still standing behind the car) as though woman B has (allegedly) decided
to drive away.  Woman A then very quickly walks up to the drivers door of car B
and yanks open the door.  She then steps right into the open doorway, so as to
effectively block car B from backing up any further - without running over
woman A.  Incredibly quick thinking.  Woman B then apparently decides she has
enough room to pull forward and clear car A and make good her (alleged) escape.
 Woman A is having none of it and actually starts to climb right into the
drivers side of car B trying to steer the moving car and get the keys out of
the ignition.  At this point the traffic light turns and I drive away -
wondering what happens next!  About a quarter mile down the road a cop car goes
flying by with lights and siren going full blast - headed towards the incident.
 Then another half mile and another cop car goes screaming by.
This is white collar suburbia!
I have to give both women credit for being very creative and extremely
assertive in this incident.  It's the kind of thing you wish you had video of.

I know, I know - I coulda/shoulda done something instead of just drive away.
But, the cop was just about there, and it's never a good idea to try to get
between 2 women who are going at it  :)

Dave