Stiff steering

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Stiff steering
From: Paul Baker <paulbaker52@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 16:39:31 +0100 (BST)
Took my BJ8 for a run and felt that the steering was much harder to turn than
had previously been the case.  I put this down to new set of wider tyres and
thought I had to experiment further with tyre pressures.  However,  the next
day I found a small pool of oil under the steering box.  I refilled the box (it
must have been all but empty) but found that when both front wheels were jacked
up and off the ground, I could not turn the wheels by hand.  Even with both
wheels off the ground the steering wheel was hard to turn.

  I've checked the archives but could not find this problem before.  So, has
the leak led to some excessive wear that will need a rebuild or can this be
adjusted to ease the steering?

  Paul

  2 x BJ8

  Yahoo! Cars NEW - sell your car and browse thousands of new and used cars
online search now