Pistons

To: "Austin-Healey List" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Pistons
From: "Ned Smith" <smithn00@kitepilot.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 08:27:59 -0400
Only one piston appears to be damaged but in many catalogs they are sold in
sets. Should I get one or all? I will get all new rings anyway.

So far I plan to replace all rod bearings, piston bushings, main bearings
and probably the cam shaft bearings. I also want to add a rear crank shaft
oil seal kit.

Can you recommend a shop to rebuild the oil pump?

I am removing the engine without the gear box. The book just says ".move the
engine forward and lift away.".  Any idea how far forward?

Ned Smith

BJ8

near Chattanooga, TN

N34.98 W85.5