Carburettor Balance tools

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Carburettor Balance tools
From: "Michael Branson" <bransmi@optusnet.com.au>
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2006 10:41:22 +1000
Recently I have decided to gain a higher level of practical knowledge about
the mechanical aspects (and requirements!!) of my cars.  As happens to us
all, the level of knowledge in the professional trades is fast dwindling
as those rare and valuable persons who grew up on mechanical carburetion and
BMC apprenticeship training are retiring, closing up shop due to less demand
or, in some instances, passing on.

However, a material challenge in being able to skill up and look after the
cars myself is sourcing some of those invaluable tools that make life easier
with multi-carburettor cars.  I am hoping someone on the list may be able to
direct me on some key items.

In particular, I have been able to borrow from a good friend, a carburettor
balance tester made by Iyasaka.  This unit is held against the face of one
carburettor, adjusted, and then held against the others to determine whether
they all match.  Does anyone know where I may be able to lay my hands on
one, or any suggestions as to what alternatives may be available for up to a
four carburettor set-up (No, I only have three HD8s on my Healey, but I am
building a 1936 Railton 8 which has 4 HS4s to give it a kick along).

I am also looking to get hold of an old style pressure/vacuum guage.  Any
help on this one ?

Regards

Mike

Sydney, Australia