Re: Fuel pump diode

To: <NASS-club@yahoogroups.com>, <nass@yahoogroups.com>,
Subject: Re: Fuel pump diode
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 07:26:39 -0700
Ken,

If you're talking about the "stock" diode--the one in the little "can"
with red and black
leads, I've wondered about it myself.  It's kinda big for just a
diode--I've wondered if there
isn't a resistor or capacitor in there as well (but I'm not curious
enough to destroy one to
find out).

There is a 0.7V drop across a diode, but that wouldn't explain the
difference in current
draw that you measured.  A resistor or capacitor in there might explain
the difference.
Does the diode get warm when the diaphragm is cycling?  If so, there is
probably a
resistor in there (but why?).

bs