Re: Heater question

To: <NASS-club@yahoogroups.com>, <nass@yahoogroups.com>,
Subject: Re: Heater question
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 07:37:18 -0700
A few years ago, I was leaving Death Valley via the western grade on a
115degF day.   We were
approaching boiling--several cars and a tour bus had already pulled over
due to overheating--and
I turned the heater on.  This dropped the temp about 5deg, if I recall,
and kept us just under boiling.
But let me tell you, it was brutal on our feet.

My girlfriend was pulling a trailer with her Cherokee through the Mojave
a while back.  She started
to overheat (the car ;), so I had her turn on the heater and she made it.

bs