Tires

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Tires
From: Editorgary@aol.com
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 16:53:00 EDT
In a message dated 4/29/06 6:51:34 AM, owner-healeys-digest@autox.team.net
writes:

> I agree. I expect many of us may be forced into 16 inch wheels due to lack
> of modern 15 inch tires.

I'm just now in the process of replacing the tires on my Healey, and being
concerned to keep it looking stock, and because I rather like the 165 wide
tires, I started looking for them. A call to Tire Rack produced two or three
options, including Kumhos, and a visit to my local independent tire supplier
resulted in a purchase of "Kelly" tires in the right size. They're only speed
rated
to 110 mph or thereabouts, but that should be fine, I think. So there do seem
to be some possibilities, without going to a sixteen-inch tire.
Cheers
Gary