RE: Brakes Problem

To: "'Austin-Healey List'" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Brakes Problem
From: "Alan" <alan@nfahc.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2006 21:48:34 +0100
Hey Paul.
Did new caliper seals go in at the same time as the SS pistons and the
synthetic fluid?  If the original seals were retained, the change in fluid
may have caused them to expand.  That would certainly result in the
reluctance of the piston to move in either direction.  However, first move
should be a pair of new fluid hoses at the front and re-bleed. As Michael S
suggests, that would be the most likely culprit.  There seems to be a
reaction to synthetic fluid where the rubber has previously been exposed to
mineral fluids.  New rubber everywhere is becoming the accepted approach.

            http://www.nfahc.co.uk
            mailto:alan@nfahc.co.uk