Re: Seat Belt Question

To: "S. P. Carr" <scvc70@epix.net>, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Seat Belt Question
From: "J. Scott Morris" <jstmorris@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 1 May 2006 14:29:44 -0400 (EDT)
Hello All;

  The Austin Healey Club of Southern Ontario web site contains a bulletin on
seat belts in early Sprites, 100-6 and 3000 roadsters  in pdf format.   It was
obtained from a series of BMC/BL technical and service bulletins; specifically,
from Austin Service Journal 1961-11-16   A437.   It shows the anchor fittings
for both the driver and front passenger use.   Hopefully, it will be of some
help to those of you with 100s and to those with convertibles BJ7 & BJ8s .
  http://www.ahcso.com/Tech%20Talk/Seat%20Belts/Seat%20Belt-ASJ.pdf

  --Scott Morris [ '62 3000 MkII BT7-driver; '60 3000 MkI BN7-project]
    Simcoe, Ontario,  Canada

"S. P. Carr" <scvc70@epix.net> wrote: << Anyone have experience putting 3-point
belts in a 100? We're thinking of the kind with a snap on one end so the
shoulder strap could be detached/re-hooked when putting the top up or down.
Obviously some sort of reinforcement would have to be added to the rear of the
cockpit for the shoulder strap.  Sarah Carr  BN1 in Pa. >>

Dave, 53 BN1, Wales UK. wrote: << Hi,  I am sure this question has been asked
many times, but I don't remember seeing the answer. I have a 53 BN1, it is
still in original condition and my love of driving the car is tempered by its
lack of seat belts. Obviously there is no provision for mountings and I
wondered if anyone had  experienced this quandary or had a drawing or
suggestion where suitable mountings should be made. >>

J. Scott Morris - Keep Smiling, Murphy Lives

7 bucks a month. This is Huge Yahoo! Music Unlimited