RE: Anybody own a new generation Mini??

To: "'Brashear, Jack, N'" <JNBrashear@garverengineers.com>,
Subject: RE: Anybody own a new generation Mini??
From: "Grotenhuis" <61bt7@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 7 May 2006 21:58:42 -0400
I bought a 2006 Cooper S in February with the 6 speed, and love it.  We had
been wanting one since they came out, and at the British Invasion (Stowe VT)
show the endorsement of another fellow Healey owner who bought one helped
convince me.  What a blast!  It handles incredibly well, is very quick, and
gets 28 MPG with spirited driving.  The ride is very firm with sport
suspension, not a problem, thought the longest stretch was only 2 hours.

There is a similar cult-like camaraderie among MINI owners as with Healeys
(or most LBCs).  Check out this website for other owner reviews:
http://www.mini2.com/

The recent (Feb '06) Road & Track owner survey is worth reading.  An
excerpt: "When we asked the owners if they'd buy another MINI, 88% said yes.
In our 22 most recent surveys, only the Acura NSX, Corvette C5 and Lexus LS
beat that figure."  Peter Egan, one of my favorite automotive columnists
(R&T), bought one.  My wife loves to drive it too.  Hard to drive that car
without smiling.

Neal Grotenhuis
'61 BT7

Subject: Anybody own a new generation Mini??