Tranny identity crisis - follow-up

To: "Healey List" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tranny identity crisis - follow-up
From: "M Lempert" <mlempert@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 9 May 2006 09:54:03 -0400
Hello folks.  This is a follow up to my recent thread on the transmission
from my BN7.  To refresh, it is a side shift from my BN7 but has a BN2 tag
on it.  It will be mated to a BJ8 engine.  There is some confusion as to
whether this is a BN2 box that was put in the car at some point, or a proper
box for the BN7 from the factory using a leftover BN2 casing. From the
earlier posting I have learned that some other listers have similar
situations where their MKI cars have the BN2 tranny label - some with a 7
stamped over the 2.  The following link will show a bunch of pictures of the
gears and one of the bell housing.  For those interested...
http://www.pbase.com/mdlempert/tranny

Regards,
Mike L.