Re: Healey Club Magazines again

To: mgtrcars@galaxyinternet.net
Subject: Re: Healey Club Magazines again
From: Douglas W Flagg <dwflagg@juno.com>
Date: Sat, 13 May 2006 11:36:33 -0400
Mark,

You have hit the pet peeve nerve when it comes to the club magazine.
There was a time when it was a member oriented
publication. It was even printed on non gloss bond, which held up well in
the mail. There weren't pages devoted to the
same information which is in the membership directory. Social events are
for the local newsletters and national events can
be posted on the web site. Get rid of the country club gloss and back to
the basics. I don't need to see pictures of people I don't know, doing
things I don't care about (in color!!). That is not what I pay dues for.
Give me technical information, stories on unique and interesting Healeys,
sources for hard to find parts, articles on people who keep the marque
going like Rich Chrysler, Jim Taylor, Roger Moment and others. Publish an
issue with all of the technical articles for the year. Publish an index
of technical articles and reprint articles of interest that newer members
may have never seen. Promote our advertisers with articles. Publish a
series on the restoration of a Healey by one of the noted shops. The
possibilities are endless.

Doug