Re: fuel pump problems

To: "James E Austin, Jr." <ahbugeye1@juno.com>,
Subject: Re: fuel pump problems
From: "Chris Dimmock" <cd3000@bigpond.net.au>
Date: Sun, 21 May 2006 08:26:15 +1000
Hi Sam,

>ran a piece of fine sand paper over the points

Use a points file -and try it again. NEVER use sandpaper on points - always
use a points file.

Using sandpaper will usually result in leaving sand on the points - which
ensures that they won't work.

Try filing the points with a points file. If the diaphragm is broken - the
pump should still click (i.e. operate electrically) - it just won't move
fuel.

Best

Chris
www.myaustinhealey.com