Re: Differental Noise

To: "Ron Fine" <RonFineEsq@earthlink.net>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Differental Noise
From: "David Crawford" <dcrawfor@san.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 21 May 2006 13:55:42 -0700
Hello Ron,

I have the identical in my BN1 - Mike's new 3:54 rear end installed by
Pro-Gear
in a 3000 differential - new carrier, spider gears, new bearings and seals.
1,000 miles and no noise - yet.  I wish I could offer suggestions but have
none.
Usually, clunking sounds back there when shifting come from the U joints.
You
say the sounds are continuous and come from the differential when driving
slowly?  Can you drive by Pro-Gear and let them listen to the sound?  Might
be a good first step?

Wish I could offer better advice...

david c
San Diego