Re: BJ8 front hub problems

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: BJ8 front hub problems
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 21 May 2006 17:57:20 -0700
Carroll,

I'm confused.  It's been awhile since I did front hubs, but from what I
recall you start with no shims.
With the hub nut tightened and no shims, the inner and outer bearings
are pinched together against
the distance piece and you can't turn the rotor.  Then, you add shims
until the wheel will just turn,
maybe with a couple thou of endplay.   Adding more shims after that just
makes the rotor looser.

bs