RE: BJ8 front hub problems

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: BJ8 front hub problems
From: "BJ8Healeys" <sbyers@ec.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 03:49:41 -0700
Yes, I know you can stop the hub from rotating by binding the bearings, but
you're checking and adjusting the in and out play of the hub as a measure of
the bearing preload and adjusting that with the shims, not the rotational
movement as implied by Carroll, which is the point I was trying to make.  It
sounded like he was trying to add more shims in an effort to bind the hub at
the specified torque on the nut.
I was afraid I was oversimplifying and someone would call me on it.

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry
Havelock, NC  USA