FW: small problem

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: FW: small problem
From: "Johnsen, Bernard" <bernard.johnsen@ngc.com>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 11:21:22 -0400
        Hi Edwin -
                Buy a cheap spark plug socket for 5 / 8 inch spark
plugs. Got mine at Home Depot for about three dollars. It was made by
Husky. Spark plug sockets resemble deep sockets, but have flats at the
top that you can put a wrench on. With an angle grinder, grind a slot
about 3 / 16 inch wide for the entire length of the socket. Now you can
slip the socket over the sending tube and fit it on the sending unit.
Put an open end wrench on the flats of the socket. If the unit is so
tight that the socket deforms, assemble a small hose clamp over the
socket to prevent it from opening up. This is what worked on my BJ8.

        - Bernie Johnsen, 1967 BJ8