Re: Tricarb throttle linkage

To: "Bob Haskell" <rchaskell@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Tricarb throttle linkage
From: "davidwjones" <davidwjones@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 27 May 2006 22:38:40 -0400
I'll check, tomorrow, Bob.  --0n the socket dimensions and the length of the
unthreaded portion of the rod. SO glad that you figured out the 2nd rod, --you
can't believe how buried that stuff is whenever the car is fully assembled. I
pray nothing down there fails!  (BTW, in case you haven't already figured,
--you want to get all of the throttle hookups and OD relay stuff installed
before the engine goes in)
Making those rods from rod stock is a snap. --I did it with just a regular tap
and dye set. (I think it was just for the short ones to the carbs) -but the
process is the same.   --I've really enjoyed making reproductions of some of
the odd little bits that were damaged or hard to get. There's a lot of
satisfaction in fabricating something that looks right, and works, no matter
how small.

I'll get back to you, tomorrow.

David W. Jones
'62 Mk II BT7 tricarb