Re: Low Level:Not Healey Related

To: "Martin Heim" <bn4@onlinehome.de>, <scotyp@comcast.net>,
Subject: Re: Low Level:Not Healey Related
From: "Ron Fine" <RonFineEsq@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2006 20:48:08 -0700
About 20 years ago I was driving south on Highway 395 south of Bishop in the
middle of the day (the highway runs along the eastern slope of the Sierra
Nevada mountain range in central California.  Edwards Air Force base and
test range are near by) and I spotted a jet heading north  on the eastern
side of the highway.  He was so low that I could easily see the pilot as he
raced past me.  I estimated that his jet plane was no higher than 25 feet
above the desert floor  and within 50 feet of the eastern edge of the
highway.  I watched him approaching and passing me all in about 5 seconds.
I'll never forget that rush.
Ron