RE: Dieseling

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Dieseling
From: "BJ8Healeys" <sbyers@ec.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 08:13:32 -0700
Hi, Gene -

My BJ8 runs great (just completed 1,496 miles roundtrip to Conclave and
back), but also diesels when shut down and always has.  It starts easily
winter or summer, using the choke when necessary, idles smoothly when warm
at 1000 RPM, and leaves a nice, light gray residue in the tail pipes as it
should.  I just leave it in gear and use the clutch and brake to stop the
engine after switching off the ignition.

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry
Havelock, NC  USA