RE: Dieseling

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Dieseling
From: "BJ8Healeys" <sbyers@ec.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 13:04:20 -0700
Yes, I thought someone would point this out.  You may be right, Perry.
However, the procedures say "Pull the choke knob at the fascia until the
linkage is about to move the carburettor jet operating arm (emphasis is
mine) and adjust the fast idle screws to give an engine speed of about 1000
RPM when the engine is hot."

About to move the jet operating arm, but not quite, i.e. the choke is pulled
out to the limit just short of moving the jet.  And why would you adjust the
choke while the engine is hot unless to ensure that it isn't functioning
under those conditions?

As I said, these procedures are not the clearest I have ever seen.  I'll
have to go through them again to see if my interpretation has changed based
on your and Earl's input.

Thanks,
Steve