Horn Mystery

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Horn Mystery
From: dgschwind@comcast.net
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2006 14:23:21 +0000
Hi, Listers,
    On my way to conclave I had to make a hard stop and the horn blew. I have
air horns, and a fault like this is obvious to all around. It got progressively
worse and on Thurs. I disconnected the horn. Since it was very wet down there I
didn't do much diagnosing. I cannot find evidence of a ground at the bottom of
the steering column, nor at the horn itself. My next step is to attack the
"horn blow" system on the column. Has anyone encountered the air horn relay
being sensitive to decelleration? As soon as PANDORA gets home I will do more
analysis. Is it correct that the "RING, horn push retaining " is pressed into
the bakelight thingy and can be removed gingerly with a thin putty knife or
such? By the way, our first Conclave was a blast. Hope we can do it again (if
PANDORA ) cooperates.
     TIA
     Don    BJ8    PANDORA