RE: Horn Mystery

To: "dgschwind@comcast.net" <dgschwind@comcast.net>,
Subject: RE: Horn Mystery
From: "Tom Felts" <tomfelts@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2006 15:00:52 -0400
Can't answer your horn problem, but I got to hear your horns while at
Conclave and I LOVED them!!  Got to get some.

tom

have air horns, and a fault like this is obvious to all around. It got
progressively worse and on Thurs. I disconnected the horn. Since it was
very wet down there I didn't do much diagnosing. I cannot find evidence of
a ground at the bottom of the steering column, nor at the horn itself. My
next step is to attack the "horn blow" system on the column. Has anyone
encountered the air horn relay being sensitive to decelleration? As soon as
PANDORA gets home I will do more analysis. Is it correct that the "RING,
horn push retaining " is pressed into the bakelight thingy and can be
removed gingerly with a thin putty knife or such? By the way, our first
Conclave was a blast. Hope we can do it again (if  PANDORA ) cooperates.