Re: BJ7/8 window regulator

To: "Richard Bittmann" <edmyed@harbornet.com>
Subject: Re: BJ7/8 window regulator
From: "Alan Seigrist Blue 100" <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Jul 2006 10:59:58 +0800
Hi Richard -

I don't know if this will answer your question, but you should not
have to put any grease in the window channels... in fact doing this
will likely ruin the nylon runners over time.

If there is any binding in the channels, my experience has been it is
because the rear channel (which is hidden in the door) is "pinched"
and therefore hanging up on the nylon insert on the back of the
window.  Soemtimes this happens when the door is hit in some accident
long ago and the guy who repairs this channel does not do it
correctly.

To fix this problem, you can take the channel out and work on it with
an adjustable wrench (set to simply slip over the edges of the
channel) and open up the channel a bit.  There should be no binding
whatsoever in this channel, or the front channel for that matter.

Try this first and see if that fixes your problem.

Alan

'53 BN1 '64 BJ8