Re: Silly Detaily Question, Final

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Silly Detaily Question, Final
From: "Mark and Kathy" <mgtrcars@galaxyinternet.net>
Date: Sun, 2 Jul 2006 09:25:33 -0400
Thanks to you Healeyologists that came through for me on my accelerator
shaft,
bracket, alignment, Rube Goldberg, thingy wingy, adjustment.  Always seems
to be the same "ologists" that reply to me and I sincerely do appreciate the
help even though I'm sure some of this stuff is elementary to most Healey
people.

Well I did get the shaft installed according to the instructions given to me
on the list but you guys didn't mention  that if the welder covered up 2 of
the holes with angle iron when he did the "scuttle reinforcement mod", I
will have a whole days work a head of me drilling and dremeling to uncover
the nut holes.  :( :( :(  Wow, this is truly becoming a labor of love.  I
just hope the next owner appreciates all this "sweat equity" put into this
car.  Yea , right.

Glad that bridge has been crossed and burned.  Now on to the rest of the
wire harness,  brake lines, radiator,   gas tank, engine install,  and the
well deserved, illegal, test drive.  ( goal for the summer)

What is the recommended routine for dash and gauge set up for a simple test
drive of a chassis with no body panels.  The dash is no where near ready for
install, so is it wise to say that the oil/water gauge is all that is needed
for a "round the block" test drive.

Never done a body off before to this extreme,    Any suggestions?

Thanks,  Mark