No more overheating

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: No more overheating
From: "Leonard Berkowitz" <drberkowitz@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 02 Jul 2006 15:09:26 -0400
I have owned my Healey for 22 years. During this time the only major
complaint I have had is the inability to keep the engine temp down.  I have
rebuilt the engine, recored the radiator, played with the advance, installed
an oil cooler, Texas cooler, electric fans, California fan (six blade steel
from Moss), none of which really helped.  (the Moss fan actually lost a
blade at 3500 RPM and almost took out my steering column, fortunately it did
no other damage)
This past Fall I had my radiator recored with a 6 row core.  They were able
to use my original upper tank but the lower need to be split and widened.
The resulting unit was a very tight fit but I was able to get in in OK.
Yesterday was the first really hot day that I was able to test the new
system out. I m happy to report that after a 20 minute drive at about 70-75
MPH I peaked out at about 190 F.  This same run usually pushed the gauge to
210-212 F and I would find myself running the heater at full blast to bring
the temp down..  So far so good!!