Re: Lightened Flywheels

To: "Bob Brown" <BlkBt7@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Lightened Flywheels
From: "John Rowe" <jarowe@westnet.com.au>
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2006 08:50:14 +0800
Hi Bob

If you are rebuilding your motor the best value for dollars spent is to have
the motor balanced. Costs very little (about $250 in OZ) and makes the motor
far smoother. It will then eagerly run up the rev range.

If you are contemplating lightening the flywheel change it to a steel one
instead. Although the original flywheels were reasonable quality  lightening
them makes them weaker.

just my 2 cents worth from a racing Healey.

cheers

John Rowe