Re: Rear Spring Differences--More

To: "HealeyList" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Rear Spring Differences--More
From: "Robert Poague" <rapoague@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2006 21:50:49 -0700
Thanks for your responses, Alan and Jim. My reason for asking the question
is...:

When I acquired my BJ7 many years ago, the rear end sat lower than normal.
Assuming the springs were tired, I ordered a new pair, specifying the
appropriate part number, from Southern Carburetor. After installing them,
there was no change...still lower than what I considered normal. I lived
with that setup for several years, then finally ordered another pair from
Victoria British. Even before installing them, I noted that the their leaves
were thicker than the ones from SC. (I had parted with the original springs,
so couldn't compare with them.) Upon installing the VB springs, Voila! The
car sat nice and level, and of course I picked up about 1-1/4 inch
additional ground clearance. So I've wondered ever since if the SC springs
(which I still have) might have been intended for the BN1/BN2. At this
point, I still wonder.

Bob