Rear axle rebound clearance on Healeys

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Rear axle rebound clearance on Healeys
From: David Randall <david.randall@shaw.ca>
Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2006 13:27:31 -0700
All et al,

Before everyone flames me for asking this question, I have tried to research
this in the archives of this list and the internet in general.

Greater minds than mine must have thought this through. With ground-clearance
and suspension travel on pre-phase2 BJ8 Big Healeys being less than ideal, what
about modifying the rear frame rails like the BJ8s to allow more rebound and
therefore allowing modification for a higher ride-height?

I'm a wet-behind-the-ears Healey neophite, but that frame modifiction doesn't
seem that difficult. If it is, please let me know why. For the ride-height only
(not the trailing-arms), how much was modifed on the rear of the BJ8p2 frame?

Thanks,

David Randall
Duncan, BC, Canada