Re: Setting ride height with spacer prior to setting final

To: "Healey list" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Setting ride height with spacer prior to setting final
From: bspidell@comcast.net (Bob Spidell)
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2006 19:33:27 +0000
Thought I was having this discussion with Jerry offline ... oh well.

Ordinarily, I'd defer to Rich, but a bolt that measures 2" in total length
(probably, a 1/2" X 1&3/4" bolt) works just fine; i.e. it sits on the shock
tower and fits nicely under the shock arm pad.

Unless, of course, someone can prove to me that 2 inches of bolt is
different than 2 inches of socket or 2 inches of aerospace titanium or
two inches of wood, for that matter.

The 2 inches is only a nominal measurement after all, and would be
different from car to car depending on compressed spring length
anyway (if you really want to split hairs).

Although I'm sure there is a genuine Lucas 2" Distance Piece, complete
with part number ;)

bs

From: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>