Ash Tray - North or South---

To: Healey List <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Ash Tray - North or South---
From: Earl Kagna <kags@shaw.ca>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 15:23:30 -0700
Listers:

A question that has been on my mind lately - (another sign of a sick, sick
Healeyite):  which way is the ash tray - ash receptacle in Brit-speak -
supposed to be installed: thick side of the box forward - ie: lip of lid is
forward when opened, or 'the other way'.

After all these years - and a gold concours award years ago, I think mine
was backward (tri-carb) mainly because the retaining screws were never there
and I am in the habit of absently fiddling around with it while driving.
Don't ask.

I'd really hate to think that my ashtray is wrong way round - please help!

Earl Kagna
Victoria, B.C.
BT7 tri-carb
BJ8