brakes

To: "healeys" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: brakes
From: "James Shope" <healeymanjim@JoiMail.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2006 21:32:51 -0700
hate to admit my ignorance, but i have a problem with my newly installed front
brake shoes and cylinders.  everything is installed as it came off the car and
according to the books, but the shoes are too large by quite a bit. shoes were
relined by a local guy with rivets.  taking off material will not do the
trick, i think.  also, the cam that adjusts the brakes is at least 3/8th inch
from the shoe when the cam is rotated to its maximum extension.   cylinders
are from moss or vb but seem exactly like the old ones.  i also cannot figure
out why the brake hose comes in from below the steering arm that connects to
the backing plate.  does anyone with experience with drum brake know what i
did wrong?   healeymanjim