Water Pump Grease Port

To: healeylist <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Water Pump Grease Port
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2006 14:42:42 -0700
Folks,

A while back I wrote a message stating the that grease port on a Healey
water pump
was originally had a "flip up" cover.  That was working from memory, but
I replaced
the original pump on my BJ8 over 15 years ago, and my memory might well
be incorrect
(many grease fittings do have a flip up cover).  A List member has
informed me his pump
has a grub screw.  A screw makes sense, since you can stuff some grease
in the hole
then when you replace the screw it will force the grease into the bearing.

Anyway, does anyone else have an original or early replacement pump that
has a
grease port?  If my "flip up cover" statement was incorrect I'd like to
set the record
straight.

bs