Re: Water Pump Grease Port

To: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>,
Subject: Re: Water Pump Grease Port
From: "P.J.Aeckerlin" <j.aeckerlin@tiscali.nl>
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2006 11:36:23 +0200
Bob,
The Driver's handbook of my BJ8 has a picture on page 44 and the text
"Remove the plug on the water pump housing and inject a small amount of
grease. Lubricate sparingly, otherwise grease will run past the bearings
onto the face of the carbon sealing ring and impair its efficiency."
The text next to the picture states "Water pump lubrication plug located
on the pump body."
It therefore looks like your List member was right.....
Jack Aeckerlin, The Netherlands
1964 BJ8 29432 under reconstruction