Engine Startup...Problem revealed

To: "Austin-Healey List" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Engine Startup...Problem revealed
From: "Ned Smith" <smithn00@kitepilot.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 10:50:18 -0400
I took off the valve cover and found the adjusting screw on exhaust valve #5
had unscrewed all the way. Further all the lock nuts were loose. Evidently I
adjusted the valves and failed to tighten the lock nuts sufficiently. A
rookie mistake.

What are the chances I have damaged the engine?

But this doesn't explain the oil in the water. I drained the radiator of the
plain water I had put in. It came out a yellow hue with an oil slick on top.

Compression tests showed around 175 PSI on all cylinders.

Ned Smith

BJ8

near Chattanooga, TN

N34.98 W85.5