Re: Back fire

To: Joe Lansing <kidjoevid@yahoo.com>,
Subject: Re: Back fire
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2006 14:01:02 -0700
Leonard,

1) your mixture could be excessively rich or, more likely, you have some
leaks in your
    exhaust pipes or muffler, or the manifold to downpipe joints
2) check your mixture strength, and check for leaks in the exhaust

I'd bet on exhaust leaks.  You can usually patch these with some epoxy
with the steel
filler ("Magnum," "JB Weld Stick," etc.).  If your car will start on a
cold day without
the choke, then the mixture is too rich ;)

bs