Re: car covers

To: "'healeys@autox.team.net'" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: car covers
From: John Loftus <loftusdesign@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2006 09:09:56 -0700
I recently replace a 4 year old cover for our BJ9 because the fabric
started to break down. This was 4 years under Southern California sun so
it was expected since we get lots of UV rays. On the new cover I sprayed
Aerospace 303 High Tech Fabric Guard which is claimed to be a UV
protectant and restores water repellent qualitys. I've used this Fabric
Guard before on winter ski jackets and it worked great to keep
snow/water beading on the outside without having a sticky feel that you
get from Scotch Guard.

 I can't give you an update on whether it helps with UV damage yet but
thought you might want to check it out.
http://www.303products.com/main.php   My local Ace hardware carries it
(after I asked them to stock it).

Cheers,