106 Brake Drums and Axles

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: 106 Brake Drums and Axles
From: "Des Gedow" <des_gedow@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2006 10:09:30 +0000
Hi,
Am in the process of rebuilding my BN6 and need some advice re the brakes
and axles. My car is a wire wheel car, and all parts look original i.e. the
car has a genuine 27,000 miles

My front stub axles are four stud while the back are five stud. I consulted
two friends with BN4s, and one has the same setup as on my car while the
other has five stud all round.
The BN4 with my setup was a Longbridge car and the other with the five stud
pattern all round was a Abingdon car.
I thought that maybe the earlier cars (longbridge) were built using old 104
stock and when Abingdon production of BN4s commenced, the went to the five
stud setup.
What has me confused is my car has the latest build date of all three cars
and some three months before the above BN4 with the 5 stud setup.
Any comments opinions would be welcome
Thanks