Re: welded exhaust system

To: "Richard Bittmann" <edmyed@harbornet.com>,
Subject: Re: welded exhaust system
From: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 21:19:03 -0400
Richard,

Do not weld the parts together.

I use a bit of muffler joint cement applied around the male pipe, insert as
required and tighten the clamp over the outer (female) pipe. Allow to set up
30 minutes, then fire the engine up and check for leaks.

I've seen problems getting things to fit well if there has been a mixture of
parts, brands, etc. For instance mixing a Bell and a Falcon system. There
shouldn't be a problem if all the parts are from the same manufacturer.

Rich Chrysler