BJ8 Brake Cyls (was Re: BT7 clutch problem.)

To: "Alan Seigrist Blue 100" <healey.nut@gmail.com>,
Subject: BJ8 Brake Cyls (was Re: BT7 clutch problem.)
From: bspidell@comcast.net (Bob Spidell)
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 00:37:48 +0000
Alan,

re:

"> If you have a BJ8 brake master you can tell because it will be made out of
> cast iron rather than aluminum.  "

My BJ8 had aluminum masters, which I believe(d) were the original (I bought
the car with 64K miles).  When I ordered replacements, I got cast iron for both
(I think the clutch master is the same as the brake master on earlier cars,
maybe w/o servo).

Does anybody know if Al masters were supplied on some cars, or should
I assume mine were replaced at some point?   At first I was dismayed that
I got iron replacements, but have been happy with the replacements (they
are Lucas, FWIW).

bs

From: "Alan Seigrist Blue 100" <healey.nut@gmail.com>