Re: Bn2 Cooling problem

To: HnystromAH100@aol.com
Subject: Re: Bn2 Cooling problem
From: "Alan Seigrist Blue 100" <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2006 11:25:08 +0800
Harry -

The BN1s and BN2s have more than sufficient cooling capacity to keep your
car running cool under most circumstances (its the 6 cyl cars that have
cooling trouble).

Anyway, if your car is running hot, that means your radiator needs to be
rodded and your block needs a good complete (professional?) flush.  Also,
you should put in a 180 deg thermostat, your car may have a 195 deg
thermostat in it which is too hot for summer use in California.

A good thermostat to get is a 180 deg Wahler thermostat (german make), they
have a very wide opening and the proper bypass hole.

Best Regards,

Alan

'52 A90
'53 BN1